10TH ASEAN SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION WEEK
Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable, Inclusive and Equitable Growth
Date: 12-20 October 2017
Place: Myanmar International Convention Center II (MICC-II), Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
The ASEAN Science, Technology and Innovation Week (ASTIW) is an important event of the ASEAN Committee on Science and Technology (ASEAN COST) and is conducted triennially on a rotational basis among ASEAN countries. The 1st-9th ASEAN S&T Week have been successfully organized in 1986 to 2014.
With a theme of “Science, Technology and Innovation for Sustainable, Inclusive and Equitable Growth”, the 10th ASTIW will be celebrated with the conduct of ASEAN Ministerial Meeting on Science, and Technology, government officials meetings, ASEAN Science, Technology and Innovation Exhibition and the ASEAN Science, Technology and Innovation Conference in the period of October 12th-20th, 2017, Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.
The ASTIW event aims to promote science and technology development and innovation within and beyond ten member states of ASEAN. It serves as the platform for regional scientists, technologists, researchers, academicians, government officials, practitioners and private sectors, to interact and to promote networking, as well as to expand their cooperation in science, technology and innovation.
The objectives of the ASEAN Science, Technology and Innovation Week are:
• To create public awareness of the increasing importance of science, technology and innovation in ASEAN;
• To promote the development of science and technological expertise and manpower resources in ASEAN;
• To promote the transfer of technology among ASEAN countries and from more advanced countries to the ASEAN;
• To promote regional and international cooperation in science, technology and innovation;
• To provide the opportunity for scientists and engineers to interact with their counterparts within and beyond ASEAN;
• To promote science, technology and innovation among ASEAN youths.
ASEAN MEMBER STATES:
• Brunei Darussalam
• Lao PDR
• Viet Nam
DIALOGUE PARTNERS COOPERATING WITH ASEAN COMMITTEE ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
• Republic of Korea
It is expected that the 10th ASEAN STI Week will have the following participants:
• Ministers and Senior Officials responsible for Science and Technology from ASEAN member states;
• Government officials from ASEAN Dialogue Partners;
• Representatives of private and business sectors from ASEAN member states and dialogue partners;
• Representatives from International Organisations;
• Professional science and technology organisations;
• Eminent individuals who will be invited to speak at, or attend the Conference; and
• Scientists, technologists, researchers, academician, students and the general public.